10 Ways to Beat Post-Hurricane Cabin Fever
Assuming you have Internet (since you’re reading this right now) our list of ways to avoid or extinguish the suffocating feeling of being stuck inside includes both power/WiFi friendly activities along with those that you could do by bright candlelight. Enjoy!
- As fashion hungry women, we must suggest a small (or large?) shopping spree. If you’re in the frame of mind to think about adding to your fall/winter wardrobe, check out this 30% off Kirna Zabete x Target sale. Kirna Zabete for less was good enough for us, but dipping even lower towards a more normal Target price point makes feel us oh so warm and fuzzy inside.
- Daydream of what you’ll buy from the Maison Martin Margiela x H&M collection, coming out November 15. Dream also of that moment when Kanye’s voice floats gracefully on radio sound waves to your delicate eardrums and you can finally answer “YES” when he asks you, for the thousandth time, “What’s that jacket, Margiela?”
- Try your hand (or mouse or trackpad, really) at a Pinterest contest. Your leisurely addiction has been practice and now you’re ready to enter the big leagues. BHLDN is hosting Pin-a-Fété until November 1, giving you the chance to win a $1,000 BHLDN gift card. Estée Lauder and Refinery 29 are hosting Chic after Dark, giving you a chance to win an estimated $5,000 trip to Paris.
- Yes, we’re going here: read a book. We know your type – you work too hard and maintain the life of a social butterfly and, of course, need your beauty sleep. When was the last time you sat down to read without setting a time limit?
- Try out a time-consuming nail tutorial that you’ve been dying to see on your own hands. The Bow Mani and The Dreamcatcher Mani, both found on The Beauty Department, caught our eye a long time ago.
- Are you a blogger? Check out these five blogging activities, curated by IFB specifically for your post Sandy lock-in.
- Watch a movie you’ve been meaning to see. Same sad story as the one just told of your battle with being able to truly enjoy a good book. One of us ladies was fiiiiiinally able to see Safey Not Guaranteed with the ridiculously cute Jake Johnson of The New Girl and our all time favorite queen of deadpan, Aubrey Plaza.
- Take interior design and fashion into your own hands with a DIY or two. Try making this opulent Quartz Barret, brought to you by Erica Domesk of PS. I Made This, or learn how to refurbish a cheese grater into an earring stand with the help of Lauren Conrad.
- Seeking relaxation? Get into a yoga flow. I know what you’re thinking, “I’m not flexible” or “I can’t balance on my head”. This may be so, but you can get started small with any beginner yoga video by Tara Stiles. Whether you want to burn fat, tone your abs, relax, release toxins, or wake yourself up, there is a short, easy to learn routine that you are capable of doing.
- Whatever you may be doing, give a listen to our “After The Storm” mix on 8tracks. It’s best for everyone to keep hope in mind!
What other things have you done to keep yourself busy? Share below in a comment or tweet us! If it’s something everyone could do, we just may share it. PS. Join our tweet chat tonight #24BeYOu with special guest host @DivasandDorks. Happy Halloween!