Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies
Everybody loves chocolate chip cookies. Believe it or not, vegan choco-chip cookies taste even better! When we baked the cookies today, we supplemented a few ingredients from Oh She Glows (her blog is so good, you have to check it out).
Here’s what we did:
- 7 tbsp Earth Balance + 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 flax egg: (1 tbsp ground flaxed mixed with 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp seasalt
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour [we replaced this with a secret ingredient*]
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 cup mini soy chocolate chips
1. Preheat oven to 350 and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix together the flax egg and set aside.
2. With an electric mixer, beat the Earth Balance until fluffy. Add the brown sugar and beat for 1-2 minutes until creamy. Beat in the flax egg.
3. Beat in the remaining ingredients and fold in the chocolate chips.
4. Shape balls of dough and place on the baking sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 mins on the baking sheet and then transfer to a cooling rack for another 10 minutes.
Voila! You should be enjoying some delicious cookies right now with almond milk.
They are crispy, chewy and mouthwatering.